Optimize schedules with the Praxedo SmartScheduler module
Want to manage your work orders more quickly and effectively? Watch the video below to see how SmartScheduler can optimize your field service schedules
Save time and money by optimizing schedules in seconds
Praxedo SmartScheduler is made for companies that assign hundreds of work orders to field technicians, inspectors or drivers.
With this module, dispatchers save time and money scheduling work orders and minimize the distances that field personnel travel.
Designed by Praxedo, the SmartScheduler module automates and optimizes scheduling using metaheuristic algorithms. What makes these algorithms unique is that they work effectively in just a few seconds.
As a result, customers that face restrictive operational parameters quickly get the best schedule possible.
Create optimal schedules within parameters that reflect realistic operational restrictions
Praxedo SmartScheduler is different from other solutions known as “black boxes”. These solutions calculate the ideal schedule only once per day. By contrast, the SmartScheduler optimization engine assists the dispatcher—who is aware of all work parameters—to continuously create an optimal schedule.
Enjoy the results of optimized scheduling
Praxedo SmartScheduler is as effective as it is simple to populate and use. To get started, the dispatcher takes the following steps:
1. The work orders to schedule are selected
2. The list of field resources is identified, as well as the desired date range
3. The parameters are entered into the optimization engine. The parameters include authorization to reschedule already scheduled work orders, as well as reassignment of a work order in order to exceed a field resource’s usual daily schedule
4. The SmartScheduler engine minimizes journey times and balances work loads
5. Based on the results, the dispatcher approves the entire schedule at once, or approves the schedule per field resource, or changes the parameters and launches a new calculation
This approach allows the dispatcher to iteratively create their field resources’ schedules in work order batches, while guaranteeing optimized travel times.