How Fabelta gained more than 30% of productivity
on the processing of its work orders
Generating electronic reports brings a lot of efficiency and speed to processes.(…) We’ve increased our productivity by about 30 to 50% compared to the time required for end-of-work analysis.
Patrice Lapointe – Controller
Number of technicians equipped: 8
Tell us a bit about your company and its business …
Fabelta is a window and door manufacturing company that sells its products under the Fabelta brand. Our expertise ranges from design / R&D to aftermarket services, including manufacturing and delivery / installation.
Our main markets are in the residential sector:
- High-end homes (40%) : new houses, lakeside chalets, duplex and triplex conversions, etc.
- High rises (40%)
- Renovations (20%)
Our brand differentiators are the following:
- Custom products that go beyond standard offerings
- 100% of our products are made from aluminum
- Compliance with the required standards
Why did you choose the Praxedo solution? What were your needs?
Our initial needs were mainly in the area of mobility because we wanted to convert our paper work orders to electronic format to streamline our business processes. This primarily involved improving the efficiency of the way we completed our work.
Our teams used paper instructions and installers (employed as subcontractors) created paper reports by hand.
That meant reports were only generated and validated once a week most of the time. Then it took time to go through the reports to review the details and to identify errors and missing information. This was tedious so standardising and structuring reports as well as digitising processes were part of our objectives to simplify report analysis and accelerate processing.
Who uses the Praxedo solution at your business and for what purposes?
Three dedicated teams use Praxedo at Fabelta:
- Project managers: they exclusively make advance site visits to take measurements and validate the feasibility of installations. They use the Praxedo software to produce a report, which is then sent to the contractor who can make corrections.
- Installers: these are our employees and subcontractors. Three technicians have used Praxedo for two years to get installation instructions and place orders. They use the forms in Praxedo to create installation compliance reports. Each team typically consists of 5 people with a team leader who is in charge of the work report.
- Aftermarket service technicians: they get involved at the end of jobs if they’re not completed, or if there are service calls. They’ve been using Praxedo for 6 months. For this part of our business, the advanced scheduling in Praxedo is critical.
From the beginning, we were convinced that Praxedo was the right solution and we decided to integrate it into our ERP system: our orders are generated in the ERP system, then work orders are automatically created in Praxedo. Our entire information system is interconnected.
What are the main benefits of the Praxedo solution?
Generating electronic reports brings a lot of efficiency and speed to processes.
We used to wait for reports to be available once a week, at the end of the week, but now they’re created instantly with Praxedo.
Using paper left room for different interpretations depending on the descriptions in the work orders. With Praxedo and the flexibility to design custom forms, we’ve standardised the information that’s included in reports with drop-down lists and checkboxes. We’ve increased our productivity by about 30 to 50% compared to the time required for end-of-work analysis.
Order forms and paperwork orders were getting lost and there were numerous errors: now everything is digitised in Praxedo so there’s no room for errors or lost documents. We estimate that we’ve reduced errors by at least 30% compared to the situation before Praxedo.
Team leaders who found the new app annoying at first now can’t live without it. That was enough to accept the change!
It’s a tool that allows us to do more with fewer staff: Praxedo has allowed us to manage and limit our hiring.
In summary, today, everyone’s job has been simplified for and the process is smoother.
How do you see the future of your relationship with Praxedo?
We will continue to deploy the application in our Aftermarket Sales / Customer Service department. There are still improvements to be made in the interface between Praxedo and our ERP that will enable better management of work order processing and dispatching.
We also want to continue the deployment with other teams of contract installers.
Finally, we plan to integrate our drivers (delivery team) in 2021.
If you had to summarise the Praxedo solution in 2 keywords, what would they be?
Efficiency and flexibility. In fact, the solution can be used for several aspects of our business and can be easily adapted to different operational processes. Creating reports is a very simple task.